Performance Testing | Regression Testing
Performance testing determines the responsiveness, throughput, reliability, and scalability of a system under given workload.
Performance testing is commonly conducted to accomplish the following:
- Assess production readiness
- Evaluate against performance criteria
- Compare performance characteristics of multiple systems or system configurations
- Find the source of performance problems
- Tune the Support System
- Find throughput levels
- Determine compliance with performance goals and requirements
- Collect other performance-related data to help stakeholders make informed decisions
- Ensure the hardware configuration is suitable for the application’s performance
- Regression testing confirms the accurate functioning of application after it is being enhanced or any patches or configuration changes have been made. It involves rechecking of the application using the executed test cases.
- Our regression testing services ensure that the reported product defects are corrected for each new release and no new quality problems are introduced in the maintenance process.
Regression testing involves the following:
- Execution of test cases - This process involves executing all the test cases selected for a particular release.
- Selection of test cases - It involves selection of the specific test cases depending upon the changes in the functionality of the application.
- Prioritizing test cases - It involves prioritizing the test cases depending upon the dependencies, business impact and criticality. We use the risk-based testing methodology for prioritizing the test cases.
Benefits of Regression Testing
- Cost-effective, noted to reduce 10% spending
- Prevents the occurrence of new bugs
- Saves time and helps projects to stay on track